[-]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halo 2 - Cairo Station - Warthog Found Through Map Overlap
03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Halo 2 - Cairo Station - Warthog Found Through Map Overlap
Well guys, there's just flat out no other way to put it, I found the warthog buried in the coding with no modding and only one barrier break to offset the order of load zones.

This warthog has only been seen or found by modders until now. I BAW out of the Armory and that allows me to go straight over to the airlock doors that load the diagonal elevator room, thus bypassing the checkpoint trigger when you normally exit the station. I venture back outside to skip past the jetpack elites and travel back to the shipping area, where now I can trigger the "Authorized Personnel Only" load zone that I avoided before. So that gave me a checkpoint and I was randomly jumping around and briefly saw the text to board something and, well... you get it.

The hog is invisible and invincible and when a player gets in they become the same. The hog does not move, and deloads sometimes. You can only see the hog by zooming, and the battle rifle zoom gives a strange effect where the warthog looks faint.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 09:50 PM by Grumpy.)
RE: Halo 2 - Cairo Station - Warthog Found Through Map Overlap
(03-16-2013 04:19 PM)DrBizz Wrote:  Well guys, there's just flat out no other way to put it, I found the warthog buried in the coding with no modding and only one barrier break to offset the order of load zones.

This warthog has only been seen or found by modders until now. I BAW out of the Armory and that allows me to go straight over to the airlock doors that load the diagonal elevator room, thus bypassing the checkpoint trigger when you normally exit the station. I venture back outside to skip past the jetpack elites and travel back to the shipping area, where now I can trigger the "Authorized Personnel Only" load zone that I avoided before. So that gave me a checkpoint and I was randomly jumping around and briefly saw the text to board something and, well... you get it.

The hog is invisible and invincible and when a player gets in they become the same. The hog does not move, and deloads sometimes. You can only see the hog by zooming, and the battle rifle zoom gives a strange effect where the warthog looks faint.
Little early for April fools Bizz, I tested this and it does not work.

Lol, just kidding, it's pretty awesome when you first see it. How did you know you were not hallucinating?

An interesting thing, when I tossed a nade and hopped over the shortcut barrier, I noticed enemies below me, through the sloped glass ceiling. I'd left them untouched and alive when I went down the diagonal elevator earlier. I wish I could swordfly through glass like the PAL's do.
03-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Great why did they put a warthog there? Can gou tell me?
03-16-2013, 09:54 PM
(03-16-2013 09:45 PM)Chrizzel Wrote:  Great why did they put a warthog there? Can gou tell me?
Hard to say, that is the loading dock area, if they were loading Hogs it would be there. Maybe they had plans to show a bunch of Hogs there getting loaded onto the IAC.
03-16-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 12:14 AM by Grumpy.)
Those motherfuckers at Bungie really piss me off. They give us a fucking Hog on Cairo, then will not allow the Elites to hang around. If you have a sword, the Elites vanish as soon as Sarge says 'fire at will'.

All I had to fucking do was get in the Hog with a sword, lock on, then P2 rides him down so I could get distance and I could have flown to the MAC gun. Sonofabitch.

Maybe the other Elites do not deload. Hmm.
03-17-2013, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 01:00 AM by xlax007.)
Commented on the youtube vid, and just watched it again, just fucking unbelievable. Fantastic!
I think this is one of the greatest tricks ever discovered!

Ah Grumpy is Grumpy, but I see what you try to do there Tongue Amazing Idea, just imagine that swordfly to the mac gun o_0
Hopefully we can find a way around it.

Just had a sick idea: What would happen if one player stays in the Warthog, and the other triggers a loadzone again? Would the player be left behind in the warthog? Will the Warthog be brought to the LZ? Is it possible to trigger the last loadzone leading to the bomb room? It seems this trick opens a lot of new possibilities. There are quite a few loadzones, imagine trying to BAW out before the hangars, then walk to the glass where you BAWed out in this video. Perhaps the armory marine (Gunss?) is loaded with the elites? There is a whole lot of loadzone messing left to do Big Grin
03-17-2013, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 01:16 AM by Grumpy.)
(03-17-2013 12:59 AM)xlax007 Wrote:  Commented on the youtube vid, and just watched it again, just fucking unbelievable. Fantastic!
I think this is one of the greatest tricks ever discovered!

Ah Grumpy is Grumpy, but I see what you try to do there Tongue Amazing Idea, just imagine that swordfly to the mac gun o_0
Hopefully we can find a way around it.

Just had a sick idea: What would happen if one player stays in the Warthog, and the other triggers a loadzone again? Would the player be left behind in the warthog? Will the Warthog be brought to the LZ? Is it possible to trigger the last loadzone leading to the bomb room? It seems this trick opens a lot of new possibilities. There are quite a few loadzones, imagine trying to BAW out before the hangars, then walk to the glass where you BAWed out in this video. Perhaps the armory marine (Gunss?) is loaded with the elites? There is a whole lot of loadzone messing left to do Big Grin
Yeah, all of what you say is true. Lots to mess with here but the lz at the last elevator won't work unless both players are there. Maybe BAW back into the station to start the process all over again.

At X, yes, there is a place to BAW out early but you have to go up. Also, it may be possible to BAW inside that area where the Hog is invisible during regular game play. Or, there's an angle on the IAC so maybe debounce in that room where the Hog is stored, then trip an lz.
03-17-2013, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 04:16 AM by xlax007.)
Ah Indeed, I remember that last LZ, both players need to be there.
BAWing back into the station sounds good.

Perhaps there is a place to BAW through the ceiling? Like from the pelican?
I tried debouncing into the Warthog Hangar, but it didn't work at the moment.
Link: (Back in 2009 Smile ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEMR8Y_DXc
^ Still an unexplored area btw =)

4:50 is a solid BAW spot I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNkxHOE_AQ8
It makes you skip the level onwards from the first hanger
If P2 stays inside, and the warthog is outside you can easily load-transfer it to the LZ before the 'armory room' with gunns

I'm currently watching a Cairo video, just checking for stuff that could be interesting?

Also: Has some-one BAW-ed back to the previous second hangar, at 0:33? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQBFiZHfwPE
Also: At 4:10 is there something behind that door? I can't remember that upper floor area at all lol.
!!! Also: At 6:12 to the left is the entrance door, to the right is a closed door. Considering the symmetry in most of the maps There could be a room behind that door.
Also: I also remember that there is a deathbarrier outside in space near the wall, where the slanted elevator deathbarrier should be, (go outside, turn to the right, and at the bottom, against the wall. perhaps you can BAW back and get below the elevator? That is an unexplored area aswell.

REGARDING THE CUTSCENE ROOM
SpartanMyAss BAWed back in when the door to the slanted elevator closes, when you're about to enter the outside area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFLZGehEko :0 :0 :0 CHECKPOINT :0 :0 :0 at 52 seconds AFTER the last regular and so far known CP :0

soooooooooooooooo:

> Both P1 and P2: full inventory grenades, 4 frags, 4 plasma's
> P1 has plasma rifle (shooting pile together) and FULL NEEDLER (for dropping nades on ledge)
> Skulls: Sputnik, Black eye, eventually catch for obtaining enough grenades

Grenades needed:
P1: 8 frags, 8 plasmas. Keep one set (8) in a corner of the room for picking it up later.
P2 0-4 frags, 4 plasma's, just to ignite the elevator BAW
BAW PILE: Around 12 grenades, need to find the best possible setup.

Total:
8-12 frags MIN
12 plasmas MIN
+ the ammount needed for the pile, around 12?
32-40 nades total, catch could be usefull but be aware for flying live nades from enemies.

> Set up a perfect BAW at the opening air-lock door, aiming to get back inside the elevator room.
> Before triggering the LZ, make a nade pile inside the airlock. Try to make it the best BAW pile ever, with a 100% succes rate. Put all your effort and knowledge in it. I suggest making it powerfull enough for a higher succes rate. I'm not sure about frags, but try to play it safe. Shooting the nades together makes it more reliable, but also more deadly. Keep enough distance from the door. A failed pile is NOT AN OPTION. It can always happen but this will ruin the whole setup.
> After making the pile let one player have full overshield (P2) (P1 will be on the ledge and your main character)
> Try to get the marine inside the airlock aswell, if possible.
> Get an additional 4 frags/plasmas, but keep it OUT and away from the pile. Drop it in the corner. These nades are meant for P1's final ride to the ledge. (to avoid picking up nades from the cutscene BAW pile)
> Hit the LZ, the door opens, and with the last checkpoint P2 attempt dozens of BAWs to find a reliable 80% success rate.
> If the pile sucks, is too weak, placed wrong, or too deadly, make a whole new setup, It will save much more time to do the nade pile setup again, then failing the BAW over and over again when the whole thing is ready.
> when confident with the setup:
> P1, without overshield rides down, kills himself with needler on ledge, drops 8 grenades.
> P1 gets full overshield aswell from: The plasma turret, the marine if possible, or else from the 3rd elite.
> P1 rides down again, with full overshield, shoots pile together, and stands ready.
> P2 MUST NOT FAIL the BAW back into the lift area (or else everything has to be done again).
> CHECKPOINT!

Still tough as fuck, but there IS a checkpoint out there :0 This is a major breakthrough
That BAW is extremely creepy. A 20 minute setup depending on ONE BAW... But if that BAW succeeds, and the checkpoint shows up... The cutscene, the T2T of Halo2, will be conquered.

Bright red text for added epicness Big Grin
03-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Xlax get a xbox fast!
03-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Big Grin

Watching your vids, nice Halo3 archive Smile

Dutchcookies:
Hey Chrizzel tof dat je hier ook bent. Ik ben nu je halo 3 vids aan het kijken, tof om de Halo3 tijd weer terug te zien Smile
/Dutchcookies
03-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks

Dutchcookies:
Ja veel tutorials van onze tricks en die van bud. Ben nu bezig met out of the ark in het begin. Met 2 players is het nog aardig moeilijk (weinig cp's) maar het lukt wel.
/dutchcoekies
03-17-2013, 04:33 PM
mind = [Image: Nuclear-explosion.jpg]
03-17-2013, 05:00 PM
(03-16-2013 11:38 PM)Grumpy Wrote:  Those motherfuckers at Bungie really piss me off. They give us a fucking Hog on Cairo, then will not allow the Elites to hang around. If you have a sword, the Elites vanish as soon as Sarge says 'fire at will'.

All I had to fucking do was get in the Hog with a sword, lock on, then P2 rides him down so I could get distance and I could have flown to the MAC gun. Sonofabitch.

Maybe the other Elites do not deload. Hmm.

Yep, I haven't mentioned that yet and it isn't very clear in the video. The elites deload so you can't get the hog without deloading the elites. That only happens when you trigger APO from the last map, the elites won't deload of course normally after Lord Hood says "fire at will".

Wait, one time I clearly remember I loaded the hog without hearing Cortana and Lord Hood talk. I think we can get around this. The hog trigger and Cortana/Hood conversation are two different triggers, I'm fairly sure.
03-17-2013, 05:02 PM
(03-17-2013 02:28 AM)xlax007 Wrote:  Ah Indeed, I remember that last LZ, both players need to be there.
BAWing back into the station sounds good.

Perhaps there is a place to BAW through the ceiling? Like from the pelican?
I tried debouncing into the Warthog Hangar, but it didn't work at the moment.
Link: (Back in 2009 Smile ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDEMR8Y_DXc
^ Still an unexplored area btw =)

4:50 is a solid BAW spot I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNkxHOE_AQ8
It makes you skip the level onwards from the first hanger
If P2 stays inside, and the warthog is outside you can easily load-transfer it to the LZ before the 'armory room' with gunns

I'm currently watching a Cairo video, just checking for stuff that could be interesting?

Also: Has some-one BAW-ed back to the previous second hangar, at 0:33? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQBFiZHfwPE
Also: At 4:10 is there something behind that door? I can't remember that upper floor area at all lol.
!!! Also: At 6:12 to the left is the entrance door, to the right is a closed door. Considering the symmetry in most of the maps There could be a room behind that door.
Also: I also remember that there is a deathbarrier outside in space near the wall, where the slanted elevator deathbarrier should be, (go outside, turn to the right, and at the bottom, against the wall. perhaps you can BAW back and get below the elevator? That is an unexplored area aswell.

REGARDING THE CUTSCENE ROOM
SpartanMyAss BAWed back in when the door to the slanted elevator closes, when you're about to enter the outside area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFLZGehEko :0 :0 :0 CHECKPOINT :0 :0 :0 at 52 seconds AFTER the last regular and so far known CP :0
Lol, OK, I'm almost out of the first hanger. Xlax007 and I had talked about BAW'ing up and out of the first hanger way back when. I don't know if he remembers but since Bizz pulled his shenanigans I thought I'd try:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJLh3CPoT0

I timed the existence of the Hog and it is indeed 200 seconds, just like Agent Me said at HIH. However, if you enter the Hog, it will stay forever. The Elites that spawn near the Hog disappear after 200 seconds but the Elites at the base of the gun do not (they maybe can be lured).

I've tested this and I believe MC will only swordfly to the original target and if you move the target, MC will only fly to where the target was positioned during the sword swipe. I want to try anyway to make sure, a swordfly to the MAC gun would be epic.
03-17-2013, 05:04 PM
(03-16-2013 09:54 PM)Grumpy Wrote:  
(03-16-2013 09:45 PM)Chrizzel Wrote:  Great why did they put a warthog there? Can gou tell me?
Hard to say, that is the loading dock area, if they were loading Hogs it would be there. Maybe they had plans to show a bunch of Hogs there getting loaded onto the IAC.

It was originally suppose to be used in the mission but Bungie was bullied into that deadline by MS so it was scrapped. I think they just disabled it in this strange way and made it invisible and inaccessible during normal play.

Bungie would write the mission plans,maps and ideas on dry erase boards and there are some pictures of those boards. The Cairo one has plans for a hog on it, you can read some of the lettering.